Woman resigns rather than issues gay marriage licence in the United State



The woman in question goes by the name Linda Barnette, she has issued marriage licenses in Grenada Country Mississippi  for 24 years, thus she resign on the 30th of last month, in her resignation letter, she wrote

I choose to obey God rather than man. I am a follower of Christ and believe strongly that the Bible  is my final authority. The Bible  teaches that a marriage is to be between a man and a woman. Therefore, because of the recent ruling of the U.S Supreme Court, I can no longer fulfill my duties as Circuit Clerk and issues marriage licenses to same sex couples

"I told my supervisor a while back if it happened, I would tender my resignation. I had already decided in my heart that I could not issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. It’s my Christian belief. As a follower of Christ, I could not do it. The Bible  teaches it is contrary to his plan” 

 she is  bold enough to tell the world about her faith, what she felt about same sex marriage what about you out there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prison Break !! 144 Inmates freed